Elon Musk announced Monday that Tesla is laying off 9 percent of salaried employees at the company. This is not the first round of sweeping layoffs at Tesla — the most recent came after the SolarCity acquisition. But this appears to be the biggest so far.
This week, we'll discuss Elon's new quest for profitability.
Then, we'll cover the never-ending saga in Washington over saving coal plants. The Trump Administration is now trying to invoke national security to prop up closing coal and nuke plants – and the nation’s top energy regulators are giving it the cold shoulder.
Finally, The Energy Gang is celebrating its fifth anniversary this week. To mark the occasion, we'll each pick a single moment from the last five years caused an unstoppable ripple in the world of energy.
- GTM: Tesla to Cut Workforce by 9%; Musk Says It Won’t Affect Model 3 Production
- Bloomberg: Musk’s Model 3 Miscalculation Culminates in Major Tesla Job Cuts
- Harvard Law podcast with Ari Peskoe on DOE's coal bailout
- Bloomberg: Trump Prepares Lifeline for Money-Losing Coal Plants
- GTM: FERC Commissioners Agree: No Grid Emergency Exists to Justify Coal, Nuclear Bailout